ADT is used in the management of locally advanced and metastatic disease. The detrimental effect of ADT on bone density is well documented. This study assesses care gaps in screening, prevention and treatment of osteoporosis among prostate cancer patients.
We conducted a retrospective cohort study for patients diagnosed with non-metastatic prostate cancer on ADT. Charts from a tertiary oncology center were assessed for utilization of DXA scan, prescription of calcium, vitamin D, calcitonin and bisphosphonates.
Bivariate analysis was used to determine the effect of patient characteristics and likelihood for osteoporosis screening.
Recent Posts In bivariate analysis, the number of ADT injections which correlate with the duration of androgen suppression was significantly associated with the number of DXA scans. Our study found a care gap in the screening, prevention, and treatment of osteoporosis in this population.
Patients receiving the most ADT injections were more likely to be screened.
- Helminth és pinworm kezelés, Prostatitis symptoms wiki
- A gombás prosztatitis kezelésének rendszere
- Navigációs menü Fejlesztése jóindulatú és rosszindulatú daganatok a prosztatában.
- dülmirigy – Wikiszótár Prostate wiki in hindi
- A diclofenac segít a prosztatitisben
- Krónikus prosztatitis hiperplázia prosztata - jwgchu
- A prosztatitis okai a férfiaknál 30 évig
Our results suggest healthcare providers treating prostate cancer are insufficiently screening and treating this susceptible population. Item Description:.